IPsec is available starting in Wanos version 4. It is a network protocol suite that authenticates and encrypts packets of data sent over a network.
There are three steps that needs to be done, in the following order to activate this feature.
- Access the Web UI and navigate to Configure > System Settings > Network Settings > Deployment Mode
Set tunnel in Deployment mode.
- Set ipsec as the mode of encapsulation.
This setting is just below Deployment Mode.
- Create a Tunnel Policy rule.
Navigate to Configure > Tunnel Policies.
- The pre-shared key must be 35 characters long.
- The pre-shared key must match on both sides of the tunnel end points.
- The first 3 digits of the pre-shared key signify the SPI and must be unique for each Tunnel Interface ID.