Author Topic: Wanos deployment on two small offices with ISP provided dynamic IP  (Read 3802 times)

peter

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Wanos deployment on two small offices with ISP provided dynamic IP
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
As dynamic IP within a  period is fixed,   I can use google to find my two dynamic IPs ( two offices) and start networking such as ftp, ssh and etc.

But I do not know how to setup the wanos.

For example I have a ftp server on one side as follows,

office1_network --- switch --- wanos --- isp_router1 --- WAN --- isp_router2 ---wanos --- switch --- office2_network (including ftp_server, samba_server, and other servers, and each server with a dedicated computer)

Pls help.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wanos deployment on two small offices with ISP provided dynamic IP
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
Hi,

Ok, if I understand correctly the workstations on the one office link communicate with the other workstations/servers using the dynamic IP supplied by the ISP. Once the dynamic IP addresses are known a traffic rule can theoretically be added, but the IP address will change.

The best solution, in my opinion, is to setup a VPN between the two routers based on dynamic DNS. This will enable the devices to communicate on the private ip address space and will also avoid any NAT issues as well.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs