Author Topic: LAN IN but no WAN OUT  (Read 4229 times)

LuisP

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
LAN IN but no WAN OUT
« on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
Hi,

We'd the Wanos running and optimizing perfectly for several days now.

But we're having some connecttivity issues now on Edge virtual appliance, theres LAN traffic but no WAN traffic.
We cannot ping through the Wanos, from a server behind wanos (LAN) to a server after the wanos (WAN).
The appliance seems to be working fine, if we reset the appliance starts working again for a couple of hours and the connectivty stops.

Thanks in advance,
Luis.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LAN IN but no WAN OUT
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
Hi Luis,

Those symptoms are almost exactly the same as what Fernando saw during the initial install. The last I heard was that he was looking at the Nexus1000v configs.

If the system runs stable and the network configs remain the same, then there should be no reason to see traffic drop from either lan/wan side. Since this is not normal behavior, I am guessing somehow a change on the network layer occurred.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Hi Luis,

Just for the record, thanks for opening up the access to allow for the bug to be found. It has been introduced in 1.2.2 and a patch will be available shortly. It most likely only affects optimized UDP Fragments (UDP bypassed by default). Will keep everyone informed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:20:55 AM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

LuisP

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »
Thanks Antoine.

We'll lookf forward for the patch.

Kind regards,
Luis.