Author Topic: Free Traffic Calculation  (Read 4407 times)

LuisP

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
Free Traffic Calculation
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »
First of all thanks for this awesome product.

We had setup Wanos from one datacenter to another over the WAN (Ipsec VPN) to replicate VMs (VMware vReplication).

We changed the first policy (0.0.0.0/0) UDP to allow optimization (because vReplication uses UDP).
We have better throghput with less bandwidth allocation, our replication times were much better also, in fact we can see a difference between WAN0 an LAN0:

Lan0 - IN: 28.6 Mb/s (Current)
Wan0 - OUT: 14.7 Mb/S (Current)

But in the Free Traffic, we only see some 50Kb/s (from both sides).

It is possible that free traffic only counts tcp packets?

Thanks in advance,
Luis.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Free Traffic Calculation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
Hi LuisP, yes, there are one or two limitations in the free traffic stats and the network traffic graphs are the most accurate. The calculation has been changed in 1.2.2 to take the bidirectional stats into consideration (and hopefully did not introduce this issue, since replication is predominantly one way). That said, the calculation method is due to fundamentally change which will be a big improvement and provide a lot more traffic/session/optimization visibility stats. I'll also take a look at the UDP stats, please bear in mind that this is a beta feature, but glad that its working well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:06:06 PM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

LuisP

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

We'll look forward to install the new version.
Is it a way to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 or we just need to deploy the .OVA again?

UPDATED, I just found how : http://wanos.org/forum/index.php?topic=76.msg230;topicseen#msg230

Kind regards,
Luis.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:09:04 PM by LuisP »

LuisP

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »
Hi,

We just upgraded to 1.2.2 and we started to see the free traffic to climbup to 7Mbps, which is GREAT!

Thanks for your support.

We're looking forward to Wanos plus.