Author Topic: WANOS Over DmVPN (IPSEC)  (Read 10705 times)

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
WANOS Over DmVPN (IPSEC)
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »
Hi Antonie, good day...

before explain my case below, I'd like to suggest open a new Technical page for WAN Links (or something like that) instead of submitting in the general forum (in WANOS Support index), just for grouping the topics in one technical portal.

My case:
kindly note that we currently almost finished revamp our WAN Network (we actually migrate from leased lines point-to-point which is very costly into DmVPN Cloud, kindly see attached)
Note:- attached diagram is Phase-I, Phase-II we'll add another 3 sites (Sub branches) to HQ-1 site

Now, we don't know how to and where to setup WANOS in our network. as you can see there are HQ-1 and HQ-2, site HQ-2 had 2 sub-branches 1&2.

HQ-1 provides E-mail for all sites, as well the Microsoft Active directory services (LDAP and DNS).
HQ-2 provides File-Server for all sites, as well the Microsoft Active directory services (LDAP and DNS) as backup.

I'm really confused between Cores and Edges, but I'm sure there are 2 Edges in the sub-branches 1&2, but what about the HQ sites. i want each HQ to have the orther site facilities and services, but the problem that each HQ should has a WANOS-Core, that's one. second question is can the WANOS-Core also works as an Edge to benefit from the other site.

Thank you.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WANOS Over DmVPN (IPSEC)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »
Thanks Muhammad, good points on the board sections. I have made some changes to accommodate this.

The design is very interesting. All sites can be configured in high mode. Bidirectional optimization on by default.

Edited to reflect current info at Feb-2015
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:50:47 PM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:20:12 AM »
Hi Antonie,

I'm the one who should thank you for your kindness and support.

Regarding our design, we've been asked to change it in order to place the WANOS at any cost. Anyway, I'll try to come up with any new ideas to achieve WANOS optimization for all our sites.

For that time, thank you again.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:29:10 AM »
Hi Antonie,

I just finished the configuration of Firewalls and Routers in our network in order to be able to distribute WANOS Cores and Edges over the branches (attached).

I simulate the network in a lab environment (but unfortunately without WANOS) results of routing was just perfect, and planning today to connect the simulation to WANOS (I'll prepare WANOS for testing, if it goes well then I'll send it for production).

But also, wish to have a solution for such cases in the future and the next coming versions.

Thank you, and wish us good luck.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »
Hi Muhammad,

That is a very interesting solution to get two Cores into the network. If the routing works as intended, then the solution should work.

Edit: removed outdated info

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:51:45 PM by ahenning »

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 03:29:15 PM »
Thanks a lot for your time and review.

Yes we're very interested in the Plus version (is WANOS plus 1.0.2 is a go-live released version) 

And we would like to have a quotation too. What is needed from our side as a company. What is the detailed information you need,  please.

Other point,  if I go with the Plus version,  could I change my design (or simplify it) or to expect in your roadmap any consideration regarding these cases or any similar design.

Thank you again.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 01:34:51 AM »
Thanks, I'll send the info through during the course of the day via email.

Regarding 1.0.2, the features that will be useful in this scenario:
MultiCore on the edges based on subnet configuration is go-live ready.
The byte store has been increased to 14GB which will come in handy at the larger HQ site, is also go-live ready.
Low -> High, High <-> High, Low <-> Low optimization are all implemented.

Updated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:54:06 PM by ahenning »

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »
Hi Antoine, and good evening...

Many thanks for quoting, and sorry for the late reply.

I already sent you an e-mail containing few question, one last question i forgot to put it and it is:

Do your company accept Purchase Order, as our company is Tax-pay company and we need to reveal all our finance transactions. In case not, we try to ask one of our branches (US/Europe) to do it.

Anyway, thank you again. and good night
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »
Hi Muhammad,

The response has been sent through and apologies for the late reply. Some of the tough questions required some additional time. Please let me know if anything needs further clarification.

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »
Thanks again Antonie,

I saw the answers, and very sorry if my questions were tough. I'm not intently make them hard or try to fail the deal, but at the contrary I'm very fond of your brilliant cost-effective solution. But as per our Company Compliance Rules (inherited from USA-FDA and UK IT-Compliance) we have to have multiple approvals (from IT Head office and Legal departments and off course FINANCE and PURCHASING depts.), and that approval come after a long processes of review, checking and testing's (because our network are VALIDATED networks that affects the pharmaceuticals and medication production).

Sorry again, and I'll check today the answers, and send it to the concern departments and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your time and dedication.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
No problem at all, I am sure almost all listed companies will have similar questions so it is good to do the due diligence. There are a couple that are still pending from the manufacturer, but I'll get answers to these as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the support and patience.