Author Topic: Hardware load balancing  (Read 6024 times)

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
Hardware load balancing
« on: May 20, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
Hi Antonie,

Today we finished our last day of POC witch Cisco WAN Acceleration, but we tested only for today the Hardware Load balancing (2 WAN Accelerators Active-Passive with auto-sync for caching) as attached. and was successful. however it was very complex in configuration.

My Question is: Can WANOS "maybe in Future" can support Hardware load balancing for Hardware redundancy. or is there other any to fulfill the fail-over.

Thank you.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware load balancing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi Muhammad,

Yes, this type of design will always be required at one stage or another. To make one Core fail over to another is the easy part, it can happen already. The challenge is to make one of the Cores go down and come back online safely so that they don't disrupt the network. There are always going to be conditions in a dynamic network where the Cores will go up and down e.g. network/IOS/Software upgrades. So a bit of intelligence between the two Cores is required to make it a supported safe feature e.g. A keep-alive link between the Cores need to be established which will signal and sync state between the two Cores. The design will then look something similar to the attached image. In essence all wan traffic (both routers) is handled by the primary Core. If the primary Core fails the standby Core takes over. The communication between the two Cores will then ensure that the primary Core can safely rejoin.

CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware load balancing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »
That's really great news, and I'm impatient for it. really after many tests WANOS is great and not less than the others.

Wish you all the best in your project.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed