Author Topic: 0.1.8 Release  (Read 5300 times)

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
0.1.8 Release
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:36:09 AM »
Edit: Outdated info

Feedback most welcome. Muchas gracias
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:56:23 AM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.8 Release
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »
Great News,

I'm too eager to download and try. and really thanks for increasing the CAP for the Datastore for the edge (what about the Core, is it increased too?) also, any updates on the polices and/or the bandwidth control?

Finally, when do you expect the commercial version will be ready (and the prices)?

Again, thank you for this brilliant WANOS.
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

mta772000

• V.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:46:08 AM »
Hi Antonie, and good morning...

Sorry for not checking the forum before asking, http://wanos.org/forum/index.php?topic=54.0. and thanks for the details.

but my questions are:

1- can you offer custom-made specs:
Intel Quad-Core7 3.2 Ghz
16GB DDR3 Ram (Core), 8GB DDR3 Ram (Edge)
32GB SSD / 200GB HDD
3x Gb Ethernet (for Branch/Edge sites, Third NIC for Out-of-Band management)
5x Gb Ethernet (for HQ/CORE, Fifth NIC for Out-of-Band management NIC card)

2- Can I provide the above Specs, and buy WANOS software and license for the first year, then renew the license yearly (and include purchase any upgrade/update version)

3- Can we know the detailed types of support (such as Gold-24x7, Silver-8x5, SLA, etc...) and their prices and the bundles (1,2 or 3 years)

4- Can we provide you with our Application list (Protocols, Ports, etc...) to include in the Polices for more Rules-Customization

5- Can WANOS be installed directly over the above specs without the need for VMware in the middle

Thank you for your continuous Support, and sorry for the long-list of questions
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:52:05 AM by mta772000 »
Kindest Regards,
Muhammad T. Hamed

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
Hi,

Very good questions, thanks for asking.

1) I'll write up a hardware sizing document, since this is important information. For the edges 2-4GB RAM, ATOM D525 / Celeron CPU and minimum 32 GB storage. 64 GB will enable some room for expansion. Generally the rule of thumb for the Core specs is to select 1 GB RAM, 20-40 GB storage and 1 CPU thread for each edge.

For example: A network with 10x edge sites in the 1-10 Mbps range, averaging +-5 Mbps. For the edges the above edge specs would be sufficient. At the Core a recent i7 with 8-12 logical cores, 16 GB Ram and 400 GB would be required. A Xeon CPU can also be used. SSD drives would provide the best performance, but two or more HDD's in a Raid0 configuration would also work.

2) Yes. A good idea would be to let us just double check the specs before placing the order for the hardware, just to ensure it will scale to the intended design.

3) Edit: Products and Solutions page contains the most up to date info.

4) Yes. Also if it is a custom application that uses port ranges e.g TCP 100-110, this detail would also be useful.

5) Yes, the software can be installed directly on a dedicated machine. Using VMware ESXi in the middle has a few flexibility benefits like easy deployment with the OVA packages and also the remote console/management, which can be useful from an administration point of view.

Thanks for taking the time to ask the questions and please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Regards
Antonie
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:57:54 AM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs