Author Topic: 4.2.4 testing tunnel mode over sonicwall issue  (Read 4888 times)

ben90

• View Profile
4.2.4 testing tunnel mode over sonicwall issue
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
Hi,

Ive just been testing wanos 4.2.4 with a trial license between two sites, i believe Ive followed the instructions correctly. ive set it up in tunnel mode, added the gateway running over udp (but ive tried others), added a tunnel policy to point to the other wanos ip address and subnet.

As this is in test the config on the servers is set via specific static route rather than standard gateway change.

servers/pc's <-> wanos vm <-> firewall <->router<->internet<->router<->firewall<->wanos vm<->servers/pc's

ive enabled wanos ips to have full access to all protocols to each other, but i cannot seem to get them communicating with each over, and nothing appears in the wanos peer list.

any ideas?

JohnNicholas

• Team Wanos
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 4.2.4 testing tunnel mode over sonicwall issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
Hi Ben,

Please share:
tunnel policy config
tunnel encap setting on both ends
traceroute between the test machines, from both directions
Is there a VPN between the Firewalls? If not, how are the FWs NAT configured to get the tunnel public peering IP to the private Wanos IP.
CCNA

ben90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »
Hi John,

Tunnel policy
main office IP 10.0.2.62    | 1000=0.0.0.0/0,-,Default2=10.1.0.0/16,1,,10.1.2.62,
remote office IP 10.1.2.62 | 1000=0.0.0.0/0,-,Default2=10.0.0.0/16,1,,10.0.2.62,
encapsulation on both side UDP

tracert on both side going through local wanos instance under 1ms before hitting requested device.

site to site vpn configured through sonicwall, wanos ip's have unrestricted access on protocols on lan>vpn and vpn>lan on both firewall rules.

Thanks

JohnNicholas

• Team Wanos
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »
Hi Ben,

I am not 100% sure what the problem is. Could you explain it in a bit more detail?

If I understand correctly, your tunnels are configure and the tunnel traffic flows correctly over Wanos e.g. PC -> Wanos-1 -> Wanos-2 -> Server.
And this is true from both directions? E.g. Server -> wanos-2 -> wanos-1 -> PC

If so, then the configs are correct and the firewalls are allowing the tunnel traffic to pass, which leads me to the first sentence, I am not sure what the issue is being experienced. Would be glad to help, just need some more info.

Perhaps check license status?
CCNA

lmolina

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:34:37 AM »
Hi ben90,

I believe that you're referring to - http://wanos.co/docs/docs/wanos-admin-guide/deployment/tunnel-mode/ correct?

Can you share your Wanos config and your VM configuration(s) on both sites?

Thanks!
MCP

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see wanos.co/docs for more recent info.