Technical > Deployment

FTP throughput drops to 118kB/s from 1 MB/s if client WANOS device removed

(1/2) > >>

saurabh:
Hi,

I am running below scenario in LAB in bridged mode:

LAN -> WANOS (HQ) -> Router <-> Router ->WANOS (Branch) -> LAN

Note:- There is IPSec tunnel between edge routers.

In this deployment scenario I am getting 1 MB/s throughput (due to express license), but when I removed WANOS from Branch Office and configure WANOS-HQ for Pass through traffic, FTP throughput drops to 118 KB/s. Is there any configuration which I should take care?

Thanks

Wanos:
Hi,

This sounds like the expected behavior.

1) With Wanos deployed correctly at both ends the throughput is 1MB/s (or 10Mbps) which is 10x the speed without Wanos 118KB/s (1Mbits/s)
2) Removing one side will ensure the remote end does not continue compressing traffic, since the decompressor is no longer in the network. This is why the traffic is showing pass-through as expected and also why the traffic is no longer optimized and running at the line rate 118KB/s (I take it the line rate is either set on the routers or on Wanos with a Global WAN TX rate config)

I think your setup is 100% except maybe upgrade to v.4

saurabh:
Hi,

Throughput end to end without WANOS device in any end is 10 MB/s.
If WANOS device is deployed at both ends, similar drop in throughput is observed with HTTP traffic.
Is there free/evaluation license for v.4?

JohnNicholas:
Sounds like the setup is working as expected. 10Mbps with optimization, 1Mbps without optimization - so there is definitely a 1 Mbps rate set on either Wanos via the global tx shaper or on the WAN routers.

With express in pass through and no shapers, the copy speed would be 100Mbps if latency is low and no loss.

ahenning:
Yes, trial licenses for v.4 are available

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version