Author Topic: Would wanos benefit a fa  (Read 4972 times)

DDIT

• View Profile
Would wanos benefit a fa
« on: September 02, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »
Hi,

We have a 3 sites connected via VPN with good site connectivity; London, Hong Kong and Shanghai

London << 60Mbps/200ms >> Hong Kong << 90Mbps/40ms >> Shanghai.

Given that most forum topics I read users are utilising much slower eg 1Mbps links, would we see much of a benefit with Wanos? I appreciate this is a vague question.

Lastly, can you explain what the description of "Free 6 / 60" means for the Express (3.2.3) version?

Kind regards

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Would wanos benefit a fa
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »
Hi DDIT,

There seems to be 2 unique use case in this topology:
London << 60Mbps/200ms >> Hong Kong << 90Mbps/40ms >> Shanghai.

London -> Hong Kong, could benefit from Wan Optimization, but especially TCP acceleration if the link currently does not perform close to 60Mbps. For example in similar client scenarios the throughput between these two would be closer to 10 Mbps under normal conditions.

On the second leg of the topology I suspect only the Wan Optimization features would provide benefits and the 40ms latency would not affect the TCP performance too badly.

Express 6/60 is the older v.3 version with 6Mbps Wan Optimization output, and 60Mbps pass-through/qos license.

Note: the forum questions usually involve small links because that is the typical use case for express users that use free forum support. Plus clients and trial users get direct support.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

DDIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:54:05 AM »
Thank you.

London has a 1GB DIA circut, Hong Kong has 200M circuit, so the site-to-site VPN throughput averages around ~60Mbps.

So, looking at the pricing, which product would we need to see an improvement beyond 60Mbps? 200/400? Would the 1000/1000 be wasted?

I presume if we ran a trial of Plus, we could learn what sort of improvement we could achieve?
Thanks in advance.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
Yes, I think the trial would be the best answer to that question.

E.g. The trial might determine that its a best case scenario where only a 20/200 is needed and run only TCP-X to bump the 60 Mbps to e.g. 150 or 200 Mbps
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs