Author Topic: WanOs Performance Results  (Read 5837 times)

rokar

• View Profile
WanOs Performance Results
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »
This is just a general question to get a sense of the network improvements wanos can provide to a low-bandwidth network. Can anyone post about the improvements and performance they experienced in the real world after implementing wanOs on their networks?

JohnNicholas

• Team Wanos
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: WanOs Performance Results
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:05:49 PM »
what would be considered low bandwidth
this would range from place to place
CCNA

rokar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:19:38 PM »
By low bandwidth, i mean 256Kbps-1Mbps, i am talking here about internet connection going through satellites for example... basically i am looking forward to embed wanOs in as oem in product with load balancing, qos and snort ids

rokar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
And i was wondering, with the fact that nowadays more and more traffic is going https, would wan optimization provide any benefits?

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »
Wan Optimization is a collection of features. Some will accelerate encrypted traffic without decryption e.g:
Packet Loss Recovery & Reliable Stream Protocol
Forward Error Correction (FEC)
TCP Acceleration
Packet Aggregation / Packet Coalescing
Quality of Service

To apply these features to encrypted traffic, ensure that the application is not bypassed by default via the default encryption traffic policy.

The features above are often sufficient to accelerate encrypted traffic, but it is also possible to Cache, Compress and Deduplicate encrypted traffic when it is OK to Decrypt -> Optimize -> Re-Encrypt.

In the enterprise network, where the client is end to end responsible for the security of the HTTPS application, it is often acceptable. This is what Wanos focuses on in HTTPS caching and later deduplication+compression.

In the end user Internet scenario, where the ISP decrypts the end users HTTPS, that is quite a different scenario.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs