Author Topic: Wanos hosting companies/partners?  (Read 7764 times)

q8reflex

• View Profile
Wanos hosting companies/partners?
« on: July 07, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
Could anyone point us to a hosting company supporting wanos? euro location is a plus.

JohnNicholas

• Team Wanos
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Wanos hosting companies/partners?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
Why don't you use the Amazon image?
CCNA

q8reflex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »
Amazon AWS too complicated.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
I think that going into an unknown hosting environment as a first hands-on was too ambitious. But knowing now that it is a hosted environment I'll add that there are a few gotchas:
Read the Amazon Guide twice, even if you host somewhere else, the technical details are going to be similar, especially around the tunnel policies that can be tricky if you are peering on public IP addresses. In this case the Tunnel Policy will have Private subnets, but public peering addresses.
Since Internet is the end goal, remember that the traffic needs to be NATted. You have to ask, will the hosting provider NAT your Home subnet? If not in the hosting virtual network you need a NAT gateway, which will be Wanos' gateway. There are other ways around this to do the NAT on Wanos, but I am not going to recommend it since it will lead to another long thread. Plain and simple, host another VM to do the NAT since this is a test. Once the NAT is in place, make the tunnel policy on the Home side to a default 0.0.0.0/0 Peer IP = Hosted Public IP.

What to configure:
If I understand correctly the Internet link is under performing. It has a lot more bandwidth and it is difficult to reach full speed. So configure tunnel mode, set PLR 3, enable TCP-X, enable FEC 5:1 or maybe 10:1, depending how bad things are.

I'll send you an email on a proposal where we will configure the Amazon AWS side and you just point your Home side to the AWS IP.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

q8reflex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 10:15:04 PM »
It's not about Wanos AWS documentation/guides, it's all about AWS itself. Billing is too complicated, control panel (although we're somehow familair) changes a lot, bandwidth cost is way beyond our goal <-- last one is the most important reason.

But hey, we have News Update.....

https://amazonlightsail.com/

We might give this a try.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:08:01 PM »
Emailed a link to a demo AWS instance, so theoretically you could point your home side there.

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

q8reflex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:53:55 AM »
Thanks Antonie, really appreciate it.

But where do i add the AWS's IP in our home office instance?

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
Hi Faisal,

1) At this point unfortunately we cannot assist further on the Home project, since it is taking valuable time answering the same questions multiple times. Tunnel mode and the Amazon AWS is documented in the Admin Guide.
Tunnel Mode
Amazon Guide

2) VMware Player or VMware Workstation is not supported for production. Please reread 2)

3) I sent a quote for Ad Hoc support to assist with the AWS setup.

4) As mentioned in the email you can't connect your side to the AWS demo yet, because it is not configured and AWS VPC settings are not configured. See 3) again.

JohnNicholas

• Team Wanos
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
What Faisal needs sounds like a desktop mobile client like the riverbed steelhead mobile client
CCNA