Author Topic: [v.4 MultiSite] Where to add peers?  (Read 12141 times)

q8reflex

• View Profile
Re: [v.4 MultiSite] Where to add peers?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »
The funny thing is..........

We still can't figure out how the two things communicate?!!

- There is no secure handshaking!
- There is no (challenge/cipher/authentication) method described anywhere!
- There is no configuration anywhere!
- There is no documenataion explaning this vital part!

Please, somebody explains this.......4 days living in this website so far and still nothing. :(

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [v.4 MultiSite] Where to add peers?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »
q8reflex 8) v.3 is Prod and documented, Use Production if documentation is needed. v.4 beta is in the process of going to prod. v.4.1 is hours old and you'll notice that only v.4.0.3 is mentioned in the download section. Documentation is updated daily as we change and add info relevant to v.4

I don't agree that there is no configuration anywhere and suspect this stems from over-complicating things. You don't need to configure, it is much simpler than you think. That is the point.

Further it seems there is a miss-understanding that Wanos is a Home user Internet Accelerator. I'll agree that it can be applied in that way and perhaps we should focus more on it, but it is a business product first and we tailor it to that market.

I am puzzled that man in the middle attacks are of concern since the objective is to accelerate Internet traffic. How is the public Internet more secure than inside our protocols?

For secure internal communication over the public internet use Wanos IPsec encapsulation for tunnel mode.

Release Notes: Release Notes / Changelog

Hand-Shake:

Debug : rsp_peer1 state set to SYN_SENT
Debug : handler1 Peer Alive
Debug : rsp_peer1 state set to OPEN

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:07:15 AM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs