Technical > Configuration

Force speed and duplex

(1/1)

antunafr:
Hello everybody, this is my first post. First of all, thanks the Wanos team for the great job.

I'm setting up a Wanos 300 appliance and I need to force speed and duplex of my WAN interface to 100/full.
I have not found where I can do that at the web interface. Maybe it is not possible ?

Could anyone explain me which is the preferred way to modify speed and duplex settings on a Wanos appliance ?
The software version is 3.2.3 Prod.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

ahenning:
The interfaces are auto-negotiated by default. The recommendation is to try as far as possible to use auto and enable auto negotiation on the switch/router side so that negotiation succeeds.

For the corner cases, when the recommended method is not possible, here is how to set it manually:

--- Quote ---ethtool -s wan0 speed 100 duplex full
ethtool -s lan0 speed 100 duplex full
--- End quote ---

Once you are happy that the commands work as expected and you want the commands to run automatically after reboots etc, then add them to /etc/wanos/ethtool_options file e.g.:

--- Quote ---ETHTOOL_OPTS_WAN0=speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
--- End quote ---

We'll usually do something like this for the client remotely, but you can run them, just make absolutely sure there aren't typos in the line.

antunafr:
Hi ahenning,

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I need.

In fact, for your information, I can't use autonegociation because my WAN interface is connected to a telecom operator device and I can't change its configuration.

Thank you again.

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version