Author Topic: Installing on VMWare VCenter  (Read 7420 times)

hsynynrdg

• View Profile
Installing on VMWare VCenter
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
Hello there,

I want to try and compare WanOS with VeeamWAN. But i did not success on installation / deploying on our vcenter server.

We have just 1 network for Servers. I am replicating all servers to another datacenter with Veeam over Mikrotik MPLS vpn. Source and Target IP blocks are same (172.16.50.0/24)

How can i modify WANOS ports ? I get loop when i put wan0 and lan0 to same network.

Thanks.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Installing on VMWare VCenter
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Hi,

Ok, I would configure a new vSwitch and port-group to place the Mikrotik and Wanos wan0 in. Leave the other virtual machines as is and place the Wanos lan0 in this vSwitch and port group where the servers are. Enable promiscuous only on the port-group level. In this scenario no VLAN's are required since two different vSwitches are used. The one physical NIC is attached to the Mikrotik and Wanos vSwitch.

The same IP address space should not be a problem. Configure a default bypass rule as #99 to pass-through all traffic. Then configure specific rules for the servers e.g. src 172.16.50.128/29 dst 172.16.50.192/29.

Recommended steps:
Update to v.3.0.2
Click on the get trial button to send through the registration token, in order to generate matching keys for the speed you require? What is the speed of the WAN link?
Play with deduplication / byte-cache level 0 to see if it makes a difference. Sometimes the VM's are already deduplicated to an extent and in this case the feature can be disabled to reduce hardware resource dependencies.
Add the remote side Wanos address into the MultiSite table to enable stream compression and packet loss recovery.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

hsynynrdg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

When i add target wanos to multisite , then peer status is always down.

We have 20mbit WAN link to disaster datacenter

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:13:30 PM »
Ok, please send through the registration tokens to be able to generate the 20 Mbps keys that match the appliance.

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

hsynynrdg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
Oh do you mean our configuration is correct but because of license we cannot dedup traffic ?

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 12:30:39 PM »
I mean the default Express license will not be sufficient for the 20 Mbps and it would be a bottleneck.

hsynynrdg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »
Is there any support for connecting with Teamviewer and check my installation ? I am not sure my networking is correct. I dont understand where should i put wan0 port because source and target are in same network. 2 datacenter connected each other with mpls connection.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 07:11:33 PM »
Hi,

Yes, please email support at wanos.co to setup a time for the teamviewer session.