Technical > Hardware

Silicom Dual Port Gig Ethernet Adapter PXG2BPIG-JP

<< < (2/8) > >>

ahenning:
Oh ok, yes, looks like Linux is picking up that second NIC, although there is no RJ45 port connected to the motherboard. I guess they did not enable it to 'avoid' confusion.

It seems then my previous post was wrong and the Silicom card is not detected. It seems to be a driver issue then. I have contacted silicom-usa to request the drivers. Lets see if they have drivers available and its simple to get going.

satburn:
That would be fantastic.  I did go to their website and have them in a .zip... too large for upload however.

ahenning:
Would it be possible to provide remote access to the WXC 590 to see if we can get the bypass card up?

satburn:
If you need to I think that could be arranged... we could do a webex and let you SSH in.  Thanks!

ahenning:
Ok some partial success. The drivers are ok on the older kernels, which was used in v.1.4.1.

Here is a possible way to get the card going:

Download and extract the VHD version of v.2.0.5 (It uses the older kernel)
Convert the VHD to RAW disk image format. It should create a 64GB disk image.
Write the RAW image to HDD. It will take a long time with DD and Win Disk Imager, so if you have something better use that.
Once the system is up and running, download the bypass e1000bp.ko driver.
Save it in /tce/packages/click/
Edit /opt/bootsync.sh and add the following lines just before the bootlocal line:

install -D -m 644 /mnt/sda1/tce/packages/click/e1000bp.ko /lib/modules/3.0.21-tinycore/kernel/drivers/net/e1000bp/e1000bp.ko
insmod /mnt/sda1/tce/packages/click/e1000bp.ko
modprobe e1000bp BPoff=1

After a reboot or entering these commands in manually as root (sudo), if 'ifconfig -a' then produces some additional interfaces then we are in luck and can then check that the bypass is off and then edit /tce/etc/mactab with the correct lan0/wan0 addresses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version