Author Topic: testing on a NUC ivy based intel system (one nic)  (Read 5797 times)

giody

• New
    • View Profile
testing on a NUC ivy based intel system (one nic)
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:53:17 PM »
Hi Gents,
i would have to do a test of software appliance on a kind of this nuc system :

http://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=intel+nuc

Consider only ONE oneboard ethernet adapter, i'm guessing about the opportunity to use a second ethernet usb adapter for acting the necessary bridge.

What kind of adapter i have to looking for? what's linux kernel version the 2.0 wanos appliance use for check the usb lan stick compatibility?

Tnx in advance

Giordano

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: testing on a NUC ivy based intel system (one nic)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:20:52 AM »
Hi Giordano,

It appears the Intel NUC is quite a popular option. Actually Beyers did develop a PBR option for One Nic appliances. We have been keeping it for Plus, but perhaps its time to set it free.

Alternatively you can run ESXi on the NUC and use a inside and outside vlan.

Kernel version 3.8.13. Most common USB adapters that are not bleeding edge should work. Biggest drawback I had with cheap USB Ethernet Adapters was that they limited throughput to 10 Mbps.
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: testing on a NUC ivy based intel system (one nic)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »
Single NIC Boot with Routed mode is now supported that could be useful in these Single NIC systems like the Intel NUC
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs