Author Topic: Version 2.0.2  (Read 19128 times)

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.0.1
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »
Hi Mark,

v.2.0.2 will be a minor update with update script. It will be possible to update from 1.4.1 to 2.0.2 from the cli.

Release should be out on Monday. It has a major throughput performance boost on recent CPU/RAM hardware. Depending on hardware configuration throughput increase is expected to be 20-130%.

Additional safety checks for packet loss recovery and packet order correction. Cold compression ratio increase significantly with these enabled (will get the specific figures). I'll post a guide on how to enable these features, since feedback is slow and we need more data.

As requested the policy configuration has been made easier to edit existing rules.

Express throughput has been reduced to 6/60 mbps up/down. Remote peer sites reduced to 3.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:41:48 PM by ahenning »
CCIE RS, CCIE SP, Mnet&sys

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

itmildura

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.0.1
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »
Thanks Antonie,

This is great news.  We have been testing but RC 2.0.1 has been so stable that we don't have any bugs to report.  I will look forward to the guide so we can do some further testing.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.0.2
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:34 AM »
v2.0.2 available for download.

UPDATED: Download Wanos

2.0.2 changes notes

Issues noted:
One or two reports that v2 is not running correctly on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2.
After the update, if the datastore partition might need to be reset.
Performance gain is causing more aggressive memory usage.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:27:33 PM by lmolina »

Note: Forum posts may be outdated. Please see the latest documentation at wanos.co/docs

Spiffster

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
From my experience using wanos in a production environment for the last three months I can say that you guys have a fantastic product! It has exceeded my expectations in just about every way. I think the pricing structure in place is fair too, especially considering what Riverbed and Silverpeak charge.

That said, with the limits on the free edition being 6/60 it may be a hard sell for IT to convince management to invest in the plus version with no unrestricted performance data to sell them on. Perhaps the free version can be setup to initially run without limits for a short amount of time... a month perhaps? 30 days is more than enough to give people an idea of how wanos plus will perform in their environment.

With a proper marketing strategy, I can see you guys taking a huge chunk of the WAN optimization market from Riverbed and Silverpeak.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:55:04 PM by Spiffster »

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the awesome feedback. I agree on the initial trial. We have actually already decided to go that route and enable Express/Plus after the trial. We are on it.

We think there are many companies out there that could benefit from WanOp, but just not interested due to the price tags. Maybe there is an untapped market here. If we can get more companies interested, I think Silver-Peak and Riverbed would actually benefit from having a low end product around.

I agree on the marketing... working on it.

Spiffster

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
Thats great!! Thanks!

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the awesome feedback. I agree on the initial trial. We have actually already decided to go that route and enable Express/Plus after the trial. We are on it.

We think there are many companies out there that could benefit from WanOp, but just not interested due to the price tags. Maybe there is an untapped market here. If we can get more companies interested, I think Silver-Peak and Riverbed would actually benefit from having a low end product around.

I agree on the marketing... working on it.

I honestly dont see wanos being "low end". The performance, reliability, and the level of refinement are far greater than one would expect out of a product from a relatively small company. Getting the right people to take a look is the challenge. Spiceworks would be a nice place to be popular.

BTW, if wanos were available for review on Spiceworks, I would be happy to post a review.

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
Yes, I agree Spiceworks can potentially be great. We'll have some ads running on Spiceworks in April. The other features like commenting and reviews cost an arm and a leg. Maybe one day :)

ahenning

• Team Wanos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Started v2.0.3 on a new thread.

v2.0.3