Technical > Installation

Installing. (Network Card not detected)

(1/3) > >>

eswanson:
I am currently trying to install on a old lenovo thinkcentre workstation. So far I have been able to get it onto the local HD by copying the .img file to the HD and booting it, everything worked except I notice when it loads into the tinylinux it turns the onboard NIC off, the second nic I have installed is lit up but not showing up in my firewall as detected. Any suggestions?

Wanos:
Yes, it seems that the onboard nic is not detected, hence the bridging is not coming online. This is driver related. If you have the exact specs of the onboard nic, it might be possible to revive it.

Note: Try to use Intel based NICs when possible.

ahenning:
Alternatively adding a third network interface or a USB ethernet adapter could also work. It is also a good idea to reset to defaults with '/etc/wanos/clean.sh' when changing network interfaces.

eswanson:
Wow fast response, the computer I am currently trying to use is a lenovo thinkcentre mt-m 7522. Not sure exact specs of the nic.
- tried a usb nic I had laying around it did not work at first.
- Then did ./clean.sh and it worked, I can now get to the webgui at .200.
- Now I just need to get it all working so I can see if this is a deplorable solution for work :)

eswanson:
Ok, so now I got it working but when I plug in the "lan" side connection I get errors.
here is the log. Hope it helps, I am also goign to test this on other devices to see if I get similar results.

wanos.click:7: While initializing 'lan0 :: FromDevice':
  warning: lan0: no IPv4 address assigned
wanos.click:6: While initializing 'wan0 :: FromDevice':
  warning: wan0: no IPv4 address assigned
DropBroadcasts: dropped a packet
Sun Mar 9 14:51:39 UTC 2014  : Routine : Initializing Startup Scripts
Sun Mar 9 14:51:39 UTC 2014  : No suitable LAN0 interface found
Sun Mar 9 14:51:39 UTC 2014  : Routine: Checking Configs
Sun Mar 9 14:51:39 UTC 2014  : Routine : Config exists
Sun Mar 9 14:51:39 UTC 2014  : Routine : Initializing Wanos Click

Navigation

[0] Message Index