Technical > Deployment

WANOS Over DmVPN (IPSEC)

(1/3) > >>

mta772000:
Hi Antonie, good day...

before explain my case below, I'd like to suggest open a new Technical page for WAN Links (or something like that) instead of submitting in the general forum (in WANOS Support index), just for grouping the topics in one technical portal.

My case:
kindly note that we currently almost finished revamp our WAN Network (we actually migrate from leased lines point-to-point which is very costly into DmVPN Cloud, kindly see attached)
Note:- attached diagram is Phase-I, Phase-II we'll add another 3 sites (Sub branches) to HQ-1 site

Now, we don't know how to and where to setup WANOS in our network. as you can see there are HQ-1 and HQ-2, site HQ-2 had 2 sub-branches 1&2.

HQ-1 provides E-mail for all sites, as well the Microsoft Active directory services (LDAP and DNS).
HQ-2 provides File-Server for all sites, as well the Microsoft Active directory services (LDAP and DNS) as backup.

I'm really confused between Cores and Edges, but I'm sure there are 2 Edges in the sub-branches 1&2, but what about the HQ sites. i want each HQ to have the orther site facilities and services, but the problem that each HQ should has a WANOS-Core, that's one. second question is can the WANOS-Core also works as an Edge to benefit from the other site.

Thank you.

ahenning:
Thanks Muhammad, good points on the board sections. I have made some changes to accommodate this.

The design is very interesting. All sites can be configured in high mode. Bidirectional optimization on by default.

Edited to reflect current info at Feb-2015

mta772000:
Hi Antonie,

I'm the one who should thank you for your kindness and support.

Regarding our design, we've been asked to change it in order to place the WANOS at any cost. Anyway, I'll try to come up with any new ideas to achieve WANOS optimization for all our sites.

For that time, thank you again.

mta772000:
Hi Antonie,

I just finished the configuration of Firewalls and Routers in our network in order to be able to distribute WANOS Cores and Edges over the branches (attached).

I simulate the network in a lab environment (but unfortunately without WANOS) results of routing was just perfect, and planning today to connect the simulation to WANOS (I'll prepare WANOS for testing, if it goes well then I'll send it for production).

But also, wish to have a solution for such cases in the future and the next coming versions.

Thank you, and wish us good luck.

ahenning:
Hi Muhammad,

That is a very interesting solution to get two Cores into the network. If the routing works as intended, then the solution should work.

Edit: removed outdated info

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version