Technical > Troubleshooting

Some time SMB not Optimized !

(1/2) > >>

Sazgar:
Hi

I am testing this product (wanos  4.2.1 64bit plus 20/200)
And I realized when transferring files using SMB protocol (File Sharing On Windows)
In some cases, no optimization is done and all the traffic was bypassed (Pass-through)
and some cases all the traffic was optimized

is it normal ? or some thing wrong here ?

Thanks

lmolina:
Hello Sazgar,

Have a look at http://wanos.co/docs/docs/wanos-admin-guide/configuration/optimization-setting/ more specifically "Peer Timeout". Depending on your network traffic, you may adjust the timeout to be either longer or shorter. Let us know if that helped.

ahenning:
If after a config change, and depending on which config change, that would be the normal expected behavior. By default Wanos does not reset TCP sessions when making a config change. This can be enabled by enabling the TCP-X Accelerator.

SMB/CIFS sessions are cached and remain open for a long time, avoiding a TCP handshake. Due to this after a config change on Wanos, the CIFS/SMB TCP session needs to be reset either by Wanos with TCP-X or on the PC/Server.

Sazgar:

--- Quote from: ahenning on January 22, 2018, 02:09:57 PM ---If after a config change, and depending on which config change, that would be the normal expected behavior. By default Wanos does not reset TCP sessions when making a config change. This can be enabled by enabling the TCP-X Accelerator.

SMB/CIFS sessions are cached and remain open for a long time, avoiding a TCP handshake. Due to this after a config change on Wanos, the CIFS/SMB TCP session needs to be reset either by Wanos with TCP-X or on the PC/Server.

--- End quote ---

Hi ahenning
thanks for your explain.
But between file transfers, I did not make any changes to the configuration (Nothing )

I transferred a 10MB file for first time, and traffic up to 90% optimized

After about 8 minutes, I transferred the same file again, but the optimization was 0% and all traffic was bypassed (Pass-through)
and for third time, After about 5 minutes, I transferred the same file again, and no optimization is done and all the traffic was bypassed

(During the transfer of the second and third filesو I checked the "Peer Timeout" and was "Idel")

:(

Sazgar:

--- Quote from: lmolina on January 22, 2018, 12:40:45 PM ---Hello Sazgar,

Have a look at http://wanos.co/docs/docs/wanos-admin-guide/configuration/optimization-setting/ more specifically "Peer Timeout". Depending on your network traffic, you may adjust the timeout to be either longer or shorter. Let us know if that helped.

--- End quote ---

Thanks
I changed from 60 to 180 in both sides, but apparently the problem did not resolve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version